Find a HVAC Profesional in Coker, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Coker, AL
If you need roofing maintenance services in Coker, AL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.