Find a HVAC in Auburn University, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services done?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Auburn University, Alabama
If you need roofing maintenance services in Auburn University, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.