Find a HVAC in Anniston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the ideal time for roofing services?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Anniston, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Anniston, AL
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Anniston, AL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.