Find a Profesional in Allgood, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I consider getting an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Allgood, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Allgood, AL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.