Find a HVAC in Alexandria, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing professionals for a replacement project?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the perfect time to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Alexandria, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Alexandria, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.